Employers seeking to hire mature workers click here for further assistance.
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is an on the job training/work experience program for low-income adults who are 55 years or older. The program helps to enhance or develop skills that enable workers to return to gainful employment.
Training may be available for data entry, clerical/secretarial, reception/switchboard, office assistance, nutrition aides, security or other areas.
Training sites may include non-profit organizations, community/senior centers, libraries, nutrition programs, or governmental agencies.
Hours and Pay - Program enrollees are expected to participate in training for 15 - 20 hours per week.
Benefits vary, but may include:
. Job training
· Job related counseling and assistance
· Job referral and placement
· Physical exam
· Personal leave
· Workers' compensation
Eligibility – To qualify for SCSEP you must be:
· 55 years or older
· Meet income eligibility guidelines
· Physically able to work 15 - 20 hours per week
· Interested in updating your skills and returning to gainful employment
· A resident of Detroit, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, Highland Park, or the Grosse Pointes
For more information, or if you are an employer with a position you would like to fill, please call a Mature Workers program representative at (313) 446-4444
Click here for job training/placement opportunities.